Wednesday 19 August 2009

Lol? LOL?!

I am in shock. Sheer, appauled, reeling shock.
I was sat, minding my own business, cup of tea in hand, reading the new issue of Company magazine. When, as I turned the page, I happened to stumble upon the word. The most obnoxious word in the English language. A word I never want to hear coming from the children. There, in black and white, 'Lol'.
I swear, I nearly scalded the boy as my tea fell towards his unexpecting lap.
Having put the magazine down, taken a minute to regain my (somewhat shaken) composure, I picked the thing back up and continues to read, willing to put the whole debacle down to an error or judgement.
FIVE MINUTES LATER.....
LOL! There it was AGAIN! I tell you dear readers, my flabber has never been so gasted.
I am so disgusted with this (as it will be known henceforth) rag. It transpires after investigating the writers of the two articles (yes, I actually checked) that was the same person! Yes! This illiterate fool who writes for a national magazine and clearly sees fit to put their name to such hideousness is a published journalist! I'm officially disgusted. I may write in to the magazine. I may boycott it. Blimey, you don't get stuff like this happening in Vogue do you?

Having recovered from such a shock, I will continue about my blogging considerably calmer.

I mooched around in my bargain slouchy jumper frock yesterday in a terribly smug fashion, but after having blogged about the latest coveting issues, I hve become even more certain that I need these items. Monetary relations must be regained me thinks.

I gave the kitchen it's clean of a lifetime today with the help of under age slave labour, cupboards were emptied, things where shuffled about, a small amount of filth (bleurh) was discovered.
As aforementioned child slave labour was helping, baby wipes were used (not terribly eco-friendly but little hands an all...) and heavens, those baby wipes can clean!

I have been so fantastically thrifty this week that me and the boy are off out for dinner on Friday, yes I know that I could buy the coveted items, but where would I explain where the money had gone? Come on people, think!

Dinner tonight...shepherds pie for those who like wet food (yuck) and good old chicken for those who don't/me.

I have horrid raw, wrinkled hands from cleaning, this is not the glamorous life of a kept woman I was ascertaining to!

More courgettes have arrived, the blender will be working over time processing large vats of soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment