Monday 17 August 2009

I am it appears, to be a pasty machine this weekend. I spent what feels like DAYS (when it was only in fact about 6 hours) in the kitchen yesterday making big pasties, little baby pasties, cakes, meatballs, sauce for the aforementioned meatballs, garlic bread, actual bread and a WHOLE lotta dishes. Still, the boy and rugrats will be well fed in the coming winter (read: following few days).

I am braving the strange breeding and possibility of frostbite in August and going to see small children being towed by tractors in Appledore carnival this afternoon, I'm sure it'll trump Notting Hill hands down...

There has been a limited amount of frolicking in gazebos this summer, what with summer not having started yet. In August. Still, you get what you can. Doesn't make the style dilemma in my last post much easier though. Who can possibly plan a functioning outfit when it's hot AND bucketing it down? Summer footwear=cool feet, but wet feet. Boots=dry feet but super hot feet.
I am on thrift week this week...car needs new tyres and the dreaded MOT is next month and if anyone has attempted to do a 3 and a half mile round trip to school and back with a short legged 3 year old in tow, then they'll know being in possesion of a roadworthy car is preferable.
I am very proud of myself as I have taken stock of the freezer and the cupboards and officially have about two weeks of actual proper meals (that aren't hideous frozen processed things. Findus crispy pancake anyone....?). So as long as I don't get lazy and keep making bread and such, we'll be flying through the mahooosive MOT bill.
So tonight it's stew I made a few weeks ago and froze.
I am boy free and child free today and have a small mountain of ironing that is threatening to teeter out of it's nice neat pile so I'm off to tackle that. Oh the joys of being a housewife....

No comments:

Post a Comment