Tuesday 18 August 2009

Bridezilla and Charity Shopamundo.

I have just clambered up the enormous (it felt enormous anyway) hill to my house clutching my purchase with excitement.
Now, I am aware it's Thrift Week, but as stated by http://creditcrunchchic.blogspot.com/ charity shops Do Not Count. SO, as I am infact sad and stuck in my childhood, I have a VCR in my kitchen and I watch old videos when I'm pottering around. The collection is growing, with the addition of Brambley Hedge (!!) and the film Blue Juice (starring the uber scrummy Sean Pertwee. In boardies. Yum.).
Plus, the very gorgeous (and slightly last season/week) soft black jumper dress. Which I put on approximately 6 minutes after walking throuugh the door.
I had a sneaky peaky in New Look aswell and am now coveting a very lovely pair of soft grey shoe boots with a bow on the side (with the jumper dress? with black skinnies? yes yes yes) and, as I am infact completely the wrong proportions to even think about wearing anything cropped, I'm shunning the gorgeous leather jackets that are around right now and am actually quite impressed with the (again, slightly last week) slouchy boyfriend blazer, possibly with turned up cuffs. Clearly I NEED one of these for A/W, with straight leg jeans and converse, it's OBVIOUSLY NEEDED for the walking of children to school when it get a bit nippy. Convinced you yet?!
Moving on from the fashion blagging (blogging about blagging? Who'dve thunk it?), I have had two lovely child free days while they are at their mothers, I'm currently bracing myself for their return, and the subsequent 3 days it'll take to get their routine back....
I lied, it was not stew last night, we had slices of pork left over from the roast and the old favourite, egg, chips and beans! Gotta love it. Tonight the boy gets stew and I, have got scallops (frozen, obv) and bacon in balsamic vinegar. Yummers!
Apparently I've got approximately 400 tonnes of damsons arriving and I'm 'required' to do something with them, I'm thinking jam. I may also be thinking that I'm mad and am going to end up taking about 4 days to get it all done. Note: everybody is to expect jam related Christmas presents.
Having already done the unmentionable and mentioned Christmas, it's official, I've started the shopping/sewing/knitting. Not got quite as far as making the cards yet, but it'll come.
I have always mocked women getting married who spend their entire time panicking about the napkins not matching the flowers and *gasp* not having enough sugared almonds and vowed that this wedding Will Not Be Stressful. It hasn't been in the slightest. Problem is, everyone's so relaxed that we're more worried about something unknown cropping up to make us stress out. Just watch me fall pregnant and have to fly 7 months gone...you know somethings going to go wrong.
I visited my lovely beautician this morning and booked the appropriate beautifyingness (new word?) for before Vegas. I will be plucked and waxed and tanned and filed and buffed and trimmed (hair, clearly. On my head,) to within an inch of my life. Plus I get to spend the day before we fly being pampered with Mama rather than running around like a berk, compulsively checking that my passport hasn't sprouted legs and gone somewhere other than where it should be.

Apologies for the lack of visual loveliness, all will hopefully be rectified shortly.
I'm off to go and admire my lovely new jumper/dress. And be smug. Super smug.

*edited to add that to the right of the page I've added a list of all the blogs I follow. Some light bedtime reading perhaps?

No comments:

Post a Comment