Wednesday 30 September 2009

And so it begins...



Right, I am organised. Almost. To a point. In a sort of fashion. Kind of.


Alright, I'm not organised, but I'm on the way there. Via the odd slip up.



I officially have a lovely new hallway floor. (Thanks a million to the complete spoon who decided to lay a cream carpet in a room the front door opens right onto. Kudos to that particular design decision.) We were going for laminate but decided the wet feet/lolloping great clumsy children would not be a great melange of choices so went for vinyl that now it's been laid, looks exactly like laminate anyway but less noisey.

After several small run ins with incompetant hoovers I've finally fixed it and turned it into a super dooper dust sucking machine. The downstairs of my house is almost finished! I spent most of yesterday embroiled in a small domestic arguement with most of the contents of the kitchen (nothing fitted where I wanted it and things were NOT PLAYING). So now I am liking the kitchen considerably more. The boy can't actually find anything anymore, but you know, small price to pay methinks. After all, is there not a saying 'Happy wife, happy life'?

I have put a very simple but apparently quite yummy recipe for (another thing I seem to be able to cook but don't actually like eating) good old apple pie in Tales of the Kitchen. http://babyjaneskitchen.blogspot.com/

On another note entirely, I am in need of a new barnet/hair creation. But as funds are lower than Jodie Marsh's necklines, I am going to need to be clever about it. Anyone know if college hairdressers are any good? Or do they just come at you with a high powered ego and blunt scissors?




Cupcakes have been baked again, and the perfect sponge for said things has been, well, perfected. I just need to get this icing/frosting malarky nailed and everyone I know will be cupcaked out.
Christmas is slowly coming together, I have been stashing things for a while now and am starting to feel really rather smug.
This week is Cleaning Week, it's gone ok apart from the fact that if I breathe in anymore dettol, I may need a nebuliser.
Happy apple pie cooking.
Dinner tonight...Sausage and mash.

No comments:

Post a Comment